Strategies and Programs that support alternative options to increase mobility, reduce traffic congestion, improve air quality and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Education and support to help individuals, businesses, and communities access transportation options such as public transit, shared rides, electric vehicles, bicycling, and walking.
Better Biking in Montco includes bike safety, FREE fitted bike helmets, our FREE Bike Share Program, and the NEW Bike More, Drive Less Project.
Transportation Demand Management (TDM)
Strategies and programs that support alternative transportation options to increase mobility, reduce traffic congestion, improve air quality and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- TDM educational resources and presentations for employers, commuters, and local communities.
- Free consulation aand assistance for employers/employees wanting to explore shuttle buses, vanpools, carpools, buses, trains, bicycling and walking options.
- Incentives, rewards and data to advance TDM programs.
TDM strategies and programs can also be utilized to address poor air quality, health issues, environmental impacts, climate change, social equity, sustainable living, and smart growth.
Transportation Options & Insights
- Education and support to help individuals, businesses, and communities access transportation options.
- Insights on TransNet, SEPTA services and plans (microtransit and more); Electric Vehicles, EV charging stations and E-Bikes.
- Tools, data and reward programs for non-single occupancy vehicle (SOV) trips.
Better Biking in Montco
We provide educational materials, resources, and free fitted helmets at local community events during cycling season. Check our Events page to see where we will be at! In 2022, we distributed 415 helmets.
In 2012, we launched our Bike Share Program, a free community resource for local residents. Our bicycles and tricycles can be used for local trips, commuting, running errands, and recreation. Check out a bike at
- Lansdale Public Library
- North Wales Borough Hall
- Horsham Township Library
- Indian Valley Public Library
- Upper Perkiomen Valley Public Library
- Bike & Sol - East Greenville
Air Quality Tip
Approximately 20 days each year, air quality in Montco does not meet EPA health standards. Everyone can take action to reduce air pollution and improve air quality.
Maintaining your vehicle, commuting smarter, saving energy at work & home, and employers joining the Air Quality Partnership through the Partnership TMA of Montgomery County are simple steps to improve air quality.
Maintain Your Vehicle
Get the junk out of your trunk. An extra 100 pounds reduces gas mileage by up to 2%.
Avoid aggressive driving. Speeding, rapid acceleration, and hard braking can reduce gas mileage by 33% at highway speeds.
The Partnership TMA of Montgomery County collaborates with 150+ public and private sector partners to:
Expand & Enhance transportation options
Ease traffic congestion
Educate & Engage our communities on issues of land use, the environment, and healthy lifestyles